Oxford Trench Cover 16/12
The Barricade Company now carries Oxford Trench Plates for use throughout the Las Vegas Valley.
- Molded from a single piece of glass-reinforced composite.
- Covers trenches with maximum width of 35.4 in.
- Slip-resistant surface and chamfered edges to prevent tripping.
- Underside has ribbed framework for added strength.
- Can take the distributed weight of a vehicle up to 4,410 lbs.
- Wide design makes it ideal for sidewalks and driveway access.
- Anti-slip surface.
- Color: Yellow
- Height: 0.98”
- Length: 63”
- Width: 47”
- Material: Fiberglass
- Weight: 72 lbs.
Flexible, Versatile and Easy to Deploy
- Increased productivity and safety: movement around job site is quick and easy – plates are easy to handle and will load into work trucks.
- Equipment utilization is improved: fast, two-man deployment means no heavy lifting equipment is required and downtime is minimized.
- Mitigate risk: rapid deployment / removal makes it easy to comply with strict entity work times.
Steel Trench Plates VS Oxford Plastics
Pedestrian Trench Plates
Steel Trench Plates
Slippery when wet
Expensive to transport
Expensive to deploy
Time consuming to deploy
Danger to life and limb / liability
Oxford Plastics Pedestrian Trench Plates
Integrated anti-skid surface
1/3 the weight per LF of trench coverage
From storage to job site deployed in a fraction of the time
Manual installation vs. machine – minutes vs. hours
At only 72 lbs, greatly reduced chance of serious injury
When Oxford Trench Covers Should Be Used
- Trenching across a sidewalk, pedestrian path, or bike path
- Private property that is open to pedestrian traffic
- Cover a removed sidewalk panel
- Any situation that requires you to maintain ADA-compliant pedestrian travel
When Oxford Trench Covers Should NOT Be Used
- Equipment or vehicles might exceed 4,410 lbs.
- The trench being protected exceeds 35.4”
- Uneven ground
- On the road where motor vehicles will traverse